Make a Monetary Donation:
- OBAAT is a registered 501(c)3 corporation. Your donations could be tax deductible. It is best if
you check with your financial adviser.
- All donations will go to help build the homes in Haiti. Those funds also include fund raising
and administration cost. OBAAT only has one payed part time employee.
Sponsor a Home:
- The cost to build a home is about $8000.00.
- Toilets are separate from the homes at an additional cost of $1000.00.
- Sponsored homes are identified with a personalized plaque if the contributor desires as a
living memorial or home of honor.
- A sponsor will receive a photo of the actual home your gift builds and the actual family you are
helping. You will also receive a certificate acknowledging your gift.
Support a Home:
- The people living in these homes are the poorest of the poor. They struggle to have money for
- Completed buildings need to be maintained
- $50.00/ year would give us a fund to maintain these buildings without asking the recipients for
- A commitment for more than a year would be helpful to eliminate administration cost.
- It takes about 3 weeks to build a duplex.
- Volunteer for a week or stay for three.
- Airfare is around $800.00
- Room and board is $5.00 /day
- Transportation cost will depend on the size of the group. General transportation is about
- Taxes to leave the country are $28.00
- Passports are required
Sponsor a Volunteer:
- If you would like to help but don't have the time to volunteer, help someone else go
- you can give the opportunity to another person that does have the time and desire but not the
monetary support to go.
- You would have the opportunity to meet this person and interview them if you would like to.
Organize a Fund Raiser:
- OBAAT only has one payed employee. This limits the amount of fund raising that can be done
- If you have a group that can pitch together and do some fund raising. Here is a chance for you
- Contact us and we can suggest an activity or work out details on your ideas.
- There are always supplies or tools that are used on each job that need to be replaced Call or
look at the wish list for needed items.